Baja. It's about getting out there and enjoying being on islands with kayaks. Making exactly what you want of your vacation. Challenging yourself or relaxing. Exploring, refining paddling skills, practicing yoga, sketching, trying out different kayaks, learning about the natural history and cultural history of this fascinating place. Or just being.
What happens on a women's kayak trip that doesn’t happen on a typical trip?
Some will never know! Ladies, if you enjoy the company of other adventurous women, or find it more relaxing, want to be inspired by other outdoorsy, fun-loving females, please join us April 4-9, 2020! We’d love to share the magic with you.
Our Loreto Islands Women's Adventure takes place in the Loreto National Marine Park on Carmen and Danzante Islands. Featured in UNESCO’s World Heritage list of the Islands of the Gulf, these islands are called the richest and most varied of any island-sea property: in other words, the highest wow-per-stroke factor.
Although you can learn a lot about kayaking here, our trip is about much more than paddling.
Peek into tide pools, comb beaches for whimsical and mysterious creatures: the shell of the paper nautilus, the prickly skeleton of a pufferfish. Hike inland to discover geological treasures and rewarding views. Snorkel in the world’s youngest and richest ocean. Colorful angelfish reward your efforts.
And don’t forget the nighttime stars and planets. With zero light pollution, the nighttime views are out of this world. Literally!
It's about connecting with this amazing environment, and connecting with ourselves.
Itinerary (As always, it is subject to change due to weather.)
You should plan to arrive the day before the trip, at the latest.
We will meet the evening before the trip for orientation at Sea Kayak Baja Mexico.
- Day 1. Taxi ride to launch. Group gear division and boat packing. Short paddle to camping beach. Introduction to desert camping. Afternoon exploration and/or skills workshop. Finish your first day on the island with a delicious dinner you wouldn’t believe could be cooked on a beach!
- Days 2 and 3. Full day paddles with stops at interesting beaches on Carmen Island. Look for shells embedded in the limestone cliffs. Discover the abundance of underwater life by snorkeling the rocky reefs. Ten percent of the fish species found here live nowhere else on earth!
- Day 4. Layover for custom coaching, paddling empty boats, hiking, snorkeling, or just lying on the sand and soaking in the moment. Start learning that roll from one of our talented women guide-coaches!
- Day 5. Optional sunrise paddle. Crossing to Danzante Island for more spectacular snorkeling and an appreciation of colorful geology. Dive deep into the night sky for a spectacular show of stars, planets, and the moon in her various phases.
- Day 6. Pack up and enjoy a final few miles of paddling to the take-out. Return La Damiana Hotel for that well-deserved shower. Meet for farewell dinner.
What to expect:
The trip is limited to 8 guests with 2-3 guides.
The pace and distances are gentle, averaging 4-8 nautical miles per day, or approximately 2-4 hours of paddling. However, there are always opportunities to go back onto the water once camp is set up.
- Average Daily Distance: 4-8nm (2-4 hours of paddling.)
- Max Daily Distance: 12nm.
- Crossings: up to 4nm.
- Surf Landings: up to 1′.
- Wind: calm to 12kts, beginning whitecaps.
- Seas: up to 2′.
- April’s weather: dry; average temperatures - high 84ºF, low 58ºF.
- Water temperature: 68-72ºF.
Trip Cost: $1,390.00 USD.
Add $300 for package price, double occupancy, and $220 for single occupancy if available.
Up to 60 days in advance of trip: full refund minus $200.
60 to 30 days in advance of trip: refund half of trip value.
Within 30 days of trip: no refund for any reason.
We recognize that things happen to compromise plans. Sea Kayak Baja Mexico makes financial commitments to your trip and needs to honor those.
Registration and payment for Loreto Islands Women's Adventure is through Sea Kayak Baja Mexico.