$595 with double occupancy lodging at 8th Maine on Friday and Saturday nights.
$395 without lodging at 8th Maine.
- All kayaking and rolling classes and coaching.
- Cookout dinner on Friday.
- Presentation by Kayak Historian Vernon Doucette on Friday evening.
- Catered picnic lunch on the beach on Saturday.
- Lobsterbake dinner (with options) on Saturday.
- Live acoustic music by The Potato Pickers on Saturday evening.
Sea Kayak Rental (expedition-grade NDK and Valley boats): $75 for the weekend.
8th Maine Single Occupancy Supplement: $200 for the weekend.
How to Register
Fill out and submit the Registration Form. When we receive your form, we will send you a PayPal invoice. Your registration is complete when we have confirmed receipt of your payment.
Lodging at 8th Maine
Rooms at 8th Maine are rustic, with shared bathrooms. There is a large dining room and kitchen on the lower level for guests to share. Coffee is provided in the mornings, and you may prepare your own breakfast - or walk over to Lisa's Peaks Cafe, just up the hill from the ferry landing, for pastries, breakfast sandwiches, and island news. Hannigan's Island Market sells groceries and beer, wine, and spirits.
There are some rooms that can accommodate more than 2 guests. If you are attending the Festival with a group of 3 and would like to room together, we may be able to arrange that at a discount of $60 per person for the 2-night stay.
Getting yourself and your kayak to Peaks Island
See our Info page for details and links to Casco Bay Lines Ferry to Peaks Island, Portland Parking, and Shipping your Kayak. Please note that you cannot make reservations for the ferry for passengers or vehicles; it is first come, first served.
Maine Island Kayak Co. has expedition-grade Nigel Dennis Kayaks and Valley boats available for rent. The cost is $75 for the entire weekend.
Please bring your own paddle!
Greenland Festival Registration Form
1200 - 1600
- Registration at Kayak Beach.
- Kayak demos, rental boat fitting, tours, and rolling from the beach.
1800 - 2100
- Cookout and Bonfire at Tom Bergh's.
- Evening Presentation by Kayak Historian, Vernon Doucette.
- Sign-Ups for Saturday's classes.
- Morning meeting at 8th Maine.
0900 - 1200
- Kayak Classes - Session 1
1200 - 1300
- Catered picnic lunch on Kayak Beach.
1300 - 1600
- Kayak Classes - Session 2
1800 - 2000
- Lobsterbake at 8th Maine.
- Live acoustic music by The Potato Pickers.
- Sign-Ups for Sunday's classes.
- Morning Meeting at 8th Maine.
0900 - 1200
- Kayak Classes - Session 3
- Festival photo and farewell on Kayak Beach.
The Fine PrintCancellation & Refund Policy
Health Insurance: We recommend that you have health insurance, as you are responsible for any medical costs incurred.
Miscellaneous: Under 18 years of age requires special parental consent and minor forms. We reserve the right to refuse services to anyone we feel is a risk to themselves or others.
Waiver & Release
You will be required to sign our Waiver prior to participating in any Festival activities.
You are required to advise Staff of any physical or medical conditions that could impact your ability to participate in the Activities safely.