Emergency Numbers & VHF Channels
MIKCo EMERGENCY PHONE NUMBERS
Updated 7/2021, courtesy of John Rogers.
|Numbers are area code 207, unless otherwise noted.|
Canadian Coast Guard
Maine Marine Patrol Emergencies
Portland & Peaks Island
VHF MARINE RADIO CHANNELS
- 6 Intership Safety
- 7, 8 Commercial
- 9 Boater Calling. Commercial and Non-Commercial.
- 10 Commercial
- 11 Pilot Boats
- 12 Port Operations
- 13 Intership Navigation Safety (Bridge-to-bridge). Ships >20m length maintain a listening watch on this channel in US waters.
- 14 Port Operations
- 15 Environmental (Receive only) Used by class C EPIRBs.
- 16 International Distress, Safety and Calling. Ships required to carry radio, USCG, and most coast stations maintain a listening watch on this channel.
- 17 State & local government maritime control
- 18, 19 Commercial
- 21 U.S. Coast Guard only
- 22 CG Liason and Maritime Safety Information Broadcasts. Broadcasts announced on channel 16.
- 23 U.S. Coast Guard only
- 24-28 Public Correspondence (Marine Operator)
- 65, 66 Port Operations
- 68, 69, 71 Non-Commercial
- 72 Non-Commercial, Intership only.
- 73, 74, 77 Port Operations
- 78 Non-Commercial
- 81 U.S. Government only - Environmental protection operations.
- 82 U.S. Government only
- 83 U.S. Coast Guard only
- 84, 85, 86, 87 Public Correspondence (Marine Operator).
- 88 Commercial, Intership only.